Programming note: Be sure to pick up Monday’s Inquirer for Daniel Rubin‘s column about hit-and-runs. (Update: Here’s a link to the column itself. Can’t wait to see some of the “why was he wearing an iPod? His fault.” comments.).
285. Knoxville, Tenn. April 16. 37-year-old vet struck and killed while trying to render aid to a dog which had been hit-and-ran, too. The vehicle is described as “a dark-colored Isuzu Amigo SUV. The vehicle (pictured) has a soft top, which had been removed from the vehicle previous to the incident. The vehicle may be black, blue, or gray. The vehicle is expected to have damage to the front, left corner. A police camera captured the vehicle as it fled.”
286. Tulsa, Okla. April 16. 56-year-old man critically injured after being struck, on bike, by “a Ford car, greenish and black in color, with damage to the front of the vehicle. Police found a Ford emblem and part of the bumper on the scene.”
287. Snohomish, Wash. April 16. Woman injured after being struck by “a 1970s white Chevrolet pickup with red trim” that fled the scene.
288. Lorain, Ohio. April 16. 7-year-old girl hospitalized after being struck by “a tan, four-door Cadillac … The man got out of the car to see if Rosemilley was OK. He said, ‘It’s not my fault. It’s not my fault.’ And then he got in his car and left.”
289. Bogaluga, La. April 17. 48-year-old man riding a bicycle suffers serious injuries after being struck by a white Ford SUV that left the scene.
290. Milwaukee, Wisc. April 18. 35-year-old man struck and killed outside a nightclub moments before another man was struck by a vehicle matching the description: “a tan or dark-colored, older model Jeep Cherokee, potentially from the 90’s. Police assume the vehicle involved in the hit-and-run fatality may have some front-end damage.”
291. Van Nuys, Calif. April 17. Man suffers serious injuries after being struck by “possibly a late model Nissan Xterra, either white or gray” that appears to have slowed down and accelerated away from the scene.
292. Amherst, Mass. April 17. 22-year-old injured after he and the bicycle he was riding was struck by a dark sedan that left.
293. Brooklyn, NY. April 18. 28-year-old man critically injured after being struck by a yet-described vehicle that fled.
294. Garfield, NJ. April 18. 48-year-old man banged up when struck by an SUV which fled the scene.
295. Burlington, Vt. April 18. Woman on bicycle fractures shoulder when struck, in a legal bike lane, by a silver Ford pickup which fled the scene.
296. San Antonio, Texas. April 17. 35-year-old man struck and killed by, after having stopped to help a woman whose car ran out of gas, a “green Ford Expedition or a green Ford F-150” which fled.
Here’s one about felony charges filed in a bicycle hit-and-run case.
Here’s one about an arrest in a Jan. 30 hit-and-run in Orono, Maine.
Here’s one about an arrest in a March hit-and-run outside a Hartford, Ct. hospital.
Here’s one about two arrests in a fatal hit-and-run in Phoenix.
Here’s one about a military vehicle being involved in a hit-and-run in China.
Here’s one about Kevin Pearce getting closer to home in his TBI recovery.
The list: Nos. 1-17, 18-24, 25-30, 31-39, 40-43, 44-56, 57-64, 65-72, 73-78, 79-82, 83-88, 89-93, 94-104, 105-114, 115-116, 117-118, 119-121, 122-126, 127-128, 129-135, 136-142, 143-154, 155-161, 162-165, 166-172, 173-179, 180-193, 194-198, 199-200, 201-213, 214-219, 220-224, 225-228, 229-231, 232-241, 242-247 248-255 256-258, 259-261, 262-268, 269-271, 272-275, 276-279, 280-284, 285-296.