Those of you who pay close attention to this ongoing list of unsolved hit-and-runs across America have likely noticed the lack of updates since early November.
I apologize for the dearth of posts, but a couple things have been going on.
One: I long planned to stop keeping as close a track on the daily updates once the list topped 10,000 entries, as it did in the middle of July.
Two: Life got really busy on me and the time to regularly update became scarce in recent months.
Well, I guess that’s it. In any event, after the new year, I plan on picking up where I left off in November. Sure, there will be a lapse in the list itself where hundreds of more deaths and life-altering injuries occurred. And sure, I’m still deciding whether to keep the list as is, or highlight the more egregious cases that come over the transom on a daily basis.
More on that when we get to that point. In the meantime, this post will serve as a clearinghouse of hit-and-run related stories that I wrote during 2017.
Thanks for understanding.
- Grieving family tearfully thanks officers for their police work and support
- Confessed hit-and-run driver tries to apologize to young girl’s family
- Mother of young Philly hit-and-run victim hopes to launch notification system
- Legislator: Expect hit-and-run notifications via Amber Alert system by end of year
- A year after losing son to hit-and-run, mother mourns by helping others
- As trial looms, young hit-and-run victim’s family faces homelessness
- As their daughter lay comatose, family raises questions about police investigation
- At trial, 13-year-old recounts the moment his sister fatally struck by hit-and-run driver
- Mixed verdict in case of hit-and-run driver who killed 8-year-old West Philly girl
More hit-and-run stories, including every volume of Hit-and-Run America (in reverse order), are accessible from this linked page. (The full Volume-by-Volume list will appear sporadically from now on.)