962. Richmond, Ca. Oct. 8. Man on bicycle suffers non-life-threatening injuries after being struck by a white, early 1990s-model full-sized van with a license plate number ending in “34.”
963. Clifton, NJ. Oct. 4. 33-year-old man killed after being struck by an undescribed vehicle which fled the scene.
964. Goshen, Ind. Oct. 8. 16-year-old boy on bike injured after being struck by a dark colored Chevy pick-up with a missing grille which took off.
965. Kennewick, Wash. Oct. 8. 78-year-old man struck in a Costco parking lot by a light or tan colored car which fled the scene.
966. Chicago. Oct. 9. Man possibly in his 20s critically injured after being struck by a maroon Buick two-door which fled the scene.
967. Edmond, Okla. Oct. 9. 21-year-old man killed when, after being rear-ended by a vehicle which remained at the scene, was run over by an undescribed vehicle which didn’t stop.
968. Easley, SC. Oct. 9. 49-year-old man on a moped killed when struck by a 2000-04 model Focus which didn’t remain at the scene.
969. Manhattan. Oct. 10. Man killed when struck by a small, white delivery truck that has a damaged front-end which fled the scene.
970. Randolph, NY. Oct. 10. Man may have been killed in a hit-and-run accident. No witnesses.
971. San Benito, Texas. Oct. 10. Hispanic man struck and killed by an early to mid 90’s model Chevy truck or SUV which fled the scene.
972. Amarillo, Texas. Oct. 10. 26-year-old woman killed in an apparent hit-and-run involving an unknown vehicle. Autopsy scheduled for Monday.
And I quote (I) …
Actress Juliette Lewis was involved in a hit-and-run accident in the Los Angeles area on Wednesday night and ended up being hospitalized, a police spokesperson told KABC Television, OnTheRedCarpet.com’s parent company.
And I quote (II) …
About an hour after a woman celebrating her 24th birthday was fatally struck by a hit-and-run driver near Dupont Circle early Thursday, police found the suspect sitting in her damaged Lexus in a parking garage five miles away, “incapacitated and apparently under the influence of alcohol,” according to a court affidavit.
And I quote (III) …
Milwaukee Police are trying to find out whether a driver charged in a hit-and-run death got special treatment because she’s related to an officer.
And I quote (IV) …
Poor police work may jeopardize the criminal case against the driver in a hit-and-run crash that killed 35-year-old Navy veteran Nicholas Rozanski last month.
And I quote (V) …
A man accused of killing a Sandy woman allegedly went on something of a crime spree the evening of the homicide.
Police reports indicate he may have been intoxicated, was involved in a hit-and-run accident, had to have extra restraints placed on him when he was booked into jail and cried constantly when he was arrested.
And I quote (VI) …
Police yesterday questioned and released a city firefighter whose SUV struck and killed a Brooklyn man in a hit-and-run.
It was unclear whether firefighter Pat Quagliariello was behind the wheel of his dark-colored BMW SUV when it slammed into Manuel Tzajguachiac, 25, at the corner of 65th Street and 20th Avenue in Bensonhurst and raced off.
Caught, convicted, court appearance or car-on-car in … Salt Lake City; Los Angeles, Ca.; Seaside, Ca.; Norman, Okla.; Albuquerque, NM; Seattle, Wash.; Downey, Ca.; Niles, Ind.; Fullerton, Cal.; Indianapolis; Boston; Green Bay, Wisc.; Pittsburgh.
More hit-and-run stories, including every volume of Hit-and-Run America (in reverse order), are accessible from this linked page. (The full Volume-by-Volume list will appear sporadically from now on.)