748. Lewisville, Texas. Aug. 8. Man on a motorcycle killed and passenger injured when struck by a late-model, dark gray or black Chevrolet Tahoe or Suburban which fled the scene.
749. Pine Bluff, Ark. Aug. 7. 39-year-old woman left dead in a ditch after being struck by a blue Cadillac STS which fled the scene at a high rate of speed.
750. Wantagh, NY. Aug. 7. 18-year-old woman injured when struck by a unidentified vehicle which fled the scene.
751. Tukwila, Wash., Aug. 7. 58-year-old woman injured after being struck by a dark-colored, late model Toyota pickup truck which fled the scene.
752. Honolulu, Hawaii. Aug. 7. Pedestrian critically injured by a vehicle which struck the person and tore the bark from a tree. Details sketchy.
753. Muscoy, Cal. Aug. 7. 8-year-old boy getting ice cream from the ice-cream truck seriously injured after getting hit by a late 1990s tan or silver Chevy Silverado 2500 crew cab truck with magnetic signage on the sides which took off.
754. South Los Angeles, Cal. Aug. 8. Man on bicycle struck and injured by a mid-size, light-colored car with tinted windows which fled the scene. (scene pictured)
755. Pierce County, Wash. Aug. 8. A 16-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man riding a dirt bike at a high rate of speed without helmets or headlights killed when slammed into by a white Chevy pickup truck which took off.
756. Ames, Iowa. Aug. 7. 22-year-old man riding a bike suffers serious injuries when struck by a GM or Chevy pickup truck which fled the scene.
757. Brownwood, Texas. Aug. 8. Preteen boy injured when struck by a late model (1980s) Ford pickup truck which is either red and white or possibly brown and white which fled the scene.
758. Fresno, Cal. Aug. 7. 23-year-old man fatally struck by an unidentified vehicle which fled. Said a witness, “I notice the man’s shoes are lying over here in the street and the officer said he must have been hit at 50 to 60 miles per hour.”
Two graduate students were killed in a hit-and-run road accident while they were travelling by a rickshaw at Uttar Badda in the capital yesterday.
FREMONT — A 32-year-old woman was arrested Thursday night after she reportedly hit a vehicle and was seen driving while uncorking a bottle of wine.
And I quote (III)…
A bicyclist speeding through Central Park in full racing gear with a pack of other cyclists slammed into a 73-year-old grandmother yesterday near the Metropolitan Museum of Art, witnesses said.
A Weidman man who lost his license after a drunken driving arrest in Illinois is charged with killing a bicyclist west of Mt. Pleasant Saturday night. Kevin Michael Pastotnik, 30, is charged with driving on a suspended license causing death, a 15-year felony; and failing to stop at a serious or fatal accident, a five-year felony.
More hit-and-run stories, including every volume of Hit-and-Run America (in reverse order), are accessible from this linked page. (The full Volume-by-Volume list will appear sporadically from now on.)