An ongoing collection of unsolved hit-and-run cases, with a focus on car/pedestrian incidents, from across the country since Jan. ‘010. If you know something about any of these incidents, or one that I’ve missed, do the right thing and call the police, even anonymously.
713. Miami Beach, Fla. July 28. 35-year-old woman hospitalized with a head injury after being struck by a either dark gray Dodge Charger with dark tinted windows; a blue or black four-door Honda; or a dark blue four-door Chrysler, possibly a 300.
714. Boynton Beach, Fla. July 28. 57-year-old man with a walker fatally struck and dragged by a dark colored, older model SUV, possibly a Dodge Durango, which fled the scene.
715. Racine, WI. July 27. 40-year-old man hospitalized after being struck by a newer model, teal Chevy Impala which fled the scene.
716. Plano, Texas. July 28. 41-year-old woman training for a triathlon suffers a “crack in her lower spine and has puncture wounds in both knees” when struck by an unidentified vehicle that fled the scene.
717. Shippensburg Borough, Pa. July 28. 20-year-old man on a bicycle suffers chest pains and labored breathing after being struck by a blue sedan which fled the scene.
718. Danbury, Ct. July 29. 6-year-old boy critically injured when, after running into the road after getting ice-cream, he was struck by a tan Toyota Tundra made between 2000 and 2004 that didn’t stay at the scene.
719. Phoenix, Ariz. July 29. Young woman struck and killed by a yet-identified vehicle.
720. Tamarac, Fla. July 29. 84-year-old woman critically injured after being struck by an older model Chevrolet Caprice, four-door sedan. which fled the scene.
And I quote (from a story I wrote in Philadelphia)…
Albandoz admitted he had “had some drinks, got scared and left the scene…”
And I quote from a fatal hit-and-run in Marshalls Creek, Pa….
Warner did not stop, but was later found, along with his wife, Denise Morales-Vega, and drugs, including cocaine and crack, and a lot of beer.
People in and around Guilford, Ct. should read this letter and then, if they know anything about who hit the writer’s wife, call police.
And I quote…
An Indonesian student protester struck by a police car (pictured) during a demonstration in 2008 filed a complaint with the National Commission of Human Rights in Central Jakarta on Thursday.
Caught, convicted or court appearance in: Lake Worth, Fla.; West Covina, Ca.; Las Vegas; Sterling, Va; Taylorsville, Utah; Crystal, Minn.; Saddle Brook, NJ, Scottsdale, Ariz.; Tulsa, Ok.; East Goshen, Pa. (though, the timeline in the lede seems to be off since it’s not 6:15 p.m. Friday yet); Lower Alsace, Pa.
More hit-and-run stories, including every volume of Hit-and-Run America (in reverse order), are accessible from this linked page. (The full Volume-by-Volume list will appear sporadically from now on.)